black dog canine massage offers insured, low-stress, in-home care for the comfort and convenience of the client
After completing the intake process and an initial massage session we will recommend an appointment schedule and formulate a plan for therapeutic techniques and bodywork to best serve the client. We may teach you some techniques aka homework to aid your pet in between sessions.
We may consult with your veterinarian as canine massage is only one part of a healthy wellness plan for your pet. Canine massage therapy does not replace veterinary medicine.
Benefits of Massage Include:
- Encourages a deeper connection between pet and parent
- Supports behavior training - touch desensitization
- Reduction of excessive scar tissue post-surgery
- Reduces swelling/edema post-surgery/injury
- Aids in exercise/performance recovery
- Improves lymphatic drainage
- Lessens anxiety and stress
- Boosts the immune system
- Improves range of motion
- Increases circulation
- Relieves pain in achy joints and muscles
- Provides comfort during hospice